"A lot of bottle collectors have gone underground"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

citydigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

I think there is still context in the dump site, just not relating to who used it. Sometimes the patterns of society in general as read through the trash they threw away gives a better picture of the way people lived at the time then the objects used by an individual, which only relate to that persons habits and health.

The arcy's want every little bit of information they can, in context to what ever! Mostly they just like digging stuff up and get jealous that we go do it when it cost them 150,000 to get a degree to do it and they dont get to keep anything!

Bwaaaahahah... sniffle sniffle, get a shovel and dig in your own yard mr archaeologist!

Yeah, I can agree with that Tigue. You make a good point, I guess there is SOME context, but on a MUCH broader scale. I agree with what you say about archae's 100%. This has been a very good thread, I hope we can keep it on a informative note and not let it get out of hand like things sometimes do around here. So far it has been very educational.

tigue710

Reaction score
Very true Cap, I should verify in my last post that by no means do I shun all arcy's. It is only a few that hold resentment and become a pain in the butt, (for what ever reason).

I have a friend who is an Archologist who I took digging one time, and he loved it! The funny part was at the end he was giving me all the bottles he dug. I said you dont want to keep any? To which he replied, shoot I forgot I could keep anything! Normally we give everything to a cataloger and they put em up! He picked a few to take home and wants to line up a few more digs!

bearswede

Reaction score
RE: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Swedeman!

Hey Herr Katsmeow...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING yourself! And to all our Forum brothers & sisters, their families & friends: Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you dig it?

Ron

California Dream N

Reaction score
I Love Lobey..He says it like it is..Sums it up and then goes about his business!! So True Lobey.......

subsoil

Reaction score
This is great you guys, I am really enjoying the posts, I knew this link would draw tons of feedback, all I gotta say is look at the energy here, anything can be accomplished, it's up to us...

ktbi

Reaction score
Has anyone actually ever called an archy to watch them dig? Did they ever do it again??

Ron

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
i bet if someone dug a GX-23 in puce, donated the auction money to charity, or the bottle to a museum only with publicity...that would shut up a few people. But some of you will argue that most wouldnt do that.

and i thought subsoil and citydigger was the same guy with his own forum [;)], but im just showin some love.

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
I have learned two rules in this hobby after 30 years of digging and collecting. "Loose lips sink ships and out of sight out of mind". I have never allowed newspapers etc to do stories of my collection of bottles and Civil War. I have turned down many offers for interviews etc. Why? It advertises your collection whats in your house to everyone good and yes bad and it opens eyes and makes awareness to who you are and what your doing. I had the best dump site in the world closed because a new digger had to pose with his finds for the paper and even told (stretched) how much stuff was worth. One week later we had 50 new diggers one week later the owner posted the land and fenced it. Today it is still off limits the Police watch it like Hawks.All thanks to a nice little newspaper story on what he did and what he had found. Loose lips sink ships !

citydigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PhilaBottles

and i thought subsoil and citydigger was the same guy with his own forum [;)], but im just showin some love.

why does everyone think I am someone else? I don't get it? Well I am sure you have your reasons. [;)] Hey Phila, you guys have been digging some cool stuff. Nice job.

privvydigger

Reaction score
On a dig the other day a neighbor came over with a video camera and wanted to film us.. He said "don't you want to be on U-TUBE on the world wide web" I said nooooooooo
thx anyway
HAPPY THANKSDIGGING
privvydigger

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH