A part of my collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
Here's a part of my collection. I still have not gotten around to unpacking and cataloging a couple boxes yet. I mostly collect big island (Hawaii) bottles. Being the addict that I am, I will collect just about anything. It's not as impressive as many of your collection but my wife and I still love it. Any comments will be appreciated.

Wall #1 (Big Island Sodas)
DSC_4769b.jpg

Wall #2 (Big Island Sodas)
DSC_4770b.jpg

Wall #3 (Milks, marbles and more stuff)
DSC_4771b.jpg

Bottles even in the fishroom
DSC_4772b.jpg

A few of my oriental medicine bottles
DSC_4773b.jpg

digdug

Reaction score
Great looking collection! I am trying to get mine up on shelves. I noticed 2 rods helping keep the bottles on the shelf. What did you use and how did you mount it?

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: digdug

Great looking collection! I am trying to get mine up on shelves. I noticed 2 rods helping keep the bottles on the shelf. What did you use and how did you mount it?

Thanks. The "rods" are actually 100 lbs. fishing lines stretched across and tied off at the ends.

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottlenutboy

man the jealousy is overwhelming nice bottles i cant get far enough away to get a picture of all of my bottles my bed is in the way

If you can't get all of your bottles in one shot it means that you have way too many bottles. [;)]
Either that it mean you need to get rid of your bed. [:)]

digdug

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on using fishing line. I have over 210 feet of shelving area. (About enough room for 1500 bottles) I only have 900 or so, but that leaves me room to expand. I hope to get it finished in the next few months, so I can get the bottles out of boxes and displayed. I had thought of using fishing line, but wasn't sure if it would work. Seeing your shelves...I know it will work.

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: digdug

Thanks for the info on using fishing line. I have over 210 feet of shelving area. (About enough room for 1500 bottles) I only have 900 or so, but that leaves me room to expand. I hope to get it finished in the next few months, so I can get the bottles out of boxes and displayed. I had thought of using fishing line, but wasn't sure if it would work. Seeing your shelves...I know it will work.

Hey Doug

The fishing line works very well. A week ago we had a strong earthquake here in Hawaii. None of the bottles on the shelves move at all But I had a few bottles on the floor fall over, luckily none were damaged. Another trick to prevent damage is to place a piece of cardboard between every bottle, this keeps the glass to glass contact from happening when the bottles rock from side to side in a quake.

I still have several hundreds of bottles in boxes. The room (pictured above) is only a 6 ft. X 6 ft. storage shed. I need to build a larger storage room so that I can put all of my bottles and collectibles in it. My wife thinks that I am nuts, at least she likes to collect the local soda bottles. [:)]

Rick

Here's a pic with the cardboard between the bottles. I use foam core boards which you can get at any art supply store.
DSC_4782b.jpg

digdug

Reaction score
Hopefully I won't have to worry about an earthquake here in Georgia! But-I will use the fishing line idea! My display room is an 'L' shaped room in the basement. one end is a 10' by 10' room. The other is an 8' by 20'. My wife thinks I am nuts too, collecting all these bottles.

acls

Reaction score
What a great variety of bottles. Very innovative with the shelving. I think the fishing line looks really cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete