ABA bottle from Fargo,ND

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggndakota

Reaction score
I found this bottle tangled up in the roots of a very old tree that was uprooted and tipped over in a windstorm a while ago. I have shown it to a lot of local folks around Hillsboro, ND and no one can tell me what was in it or what ABA stands for. It will be going to a nice man in North Carolina to be cleaned tomorrow.[:)] I know nothing about old bottles. Someone called it a "mug based" bottle. I'm guessing to fit in a carrying device of some kind?

Attachments

• BCFF53C7C7454796953420E1FC943C1C.jpg
    BCFF53C7C7454796953420E1FC943C1C.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 74

epackage

Reaction score
It is a mugbase, no special carrying device, just your hand... They sold soda and non alcoholic beers and malt drinks

diggndakota

Reaction score
I believe it does - Thank you! And it came with Cider of some kind in it? Ooops, missed a couple of replies there. Thanks again. I'll get better at this [8|]

T

Reaction score
hay diggndakota,good to see you on here, lot of good info and help on here,i knew somebody wood be able to tell you something bout your bottle,got it on the 9th, couple things bout it, buddy of mine bottlejunky56 50 year collector said it is a machine top, might be 1923,has the #s and letter 23S1 around base at bottom,what is kind of odd is the letters , and #s serial no 11 embossed on shoulder ,the 11 is backards, dont no how rare or common it is,he is going to ROOT around a bit to see what he can find out, i no some body on here will no for sure ,good story on how you found it,thats what makes this hoddy fun ,you never no when or where, looks like you could be coming down with that thang called BB ,thats a good thang ,ant no cure,just treatment,find you some more, thanks glenn

diggndakota

Reaction score
Hi Glenn! Just thought about giving you a call this morning to say Hello, and see how that little ABA bottle is coming along. Had company out at the farm over the weekend and did some exploring where there is an old dump site in the woods. Found a few more that I like, and a couple just might be headed your way.

diggndakota

Reaction score
This is too much fun ~ Glenn called me on the phone while I was writing that post to let me know that my bottle turned out real nice and will be headed back home to North Dakota tomorrow.

T

Reaction score
good to talk to you diggndakota, i did not no you called the house phone this morning, been to the granddaughters graud. at school ,dont have all the fancy stuff on the phone, for sure did not no you was on the greenbackground when i called you, hope you happy with it ,if not i will do what i can to make it suit you free , i see you got you another treatment for your bug, no cure ,just treatments, talk to you later, thanks glenn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85