ABN's SECRET SANTA 2010

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ajohn

Reaction score
I was all dressed up today!Heck, I was contemplating taking a blanket to the movies last night.I might have been brought up in the midwest,but I've lived in Ca.long enough that anything under 60 is COLD.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take to reverse the effects of your temperature conditioning.. how long did it take to get this way? [;)]

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
WOW!!!!! Boy I never thought I would be the person to bring down a party....I was always the one drinking eggnog and wearing the lampshade. Now I feel like everyone is pointing at me saying "your the one who told little Joey there was no LobeyClause". I actually enjoyed the whole LobeyClause Christmas event last year. My intentions were very positive. I also feel like eveyone here is apart of my extended family, although I might be the blacksheep of the family.

I asked for an adress in the now "defunct" thread and did recieve ONE response. To that person you will recieve a very nice gift, In the spirit of Christmas and becuse I believe in LobeyClause. I will request an address on the stipulation that it will be a one way deal. I will be more then happy to send someone some Baltimore cheer.(Thanks Matt)

To Osia, Its all good brother...I wish you nothing but holiday cheer.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
No party was brought down, heck we're just trying to get organized here.. new management still wet behind the ears.. you all know how that is.. [;)] Let's work together and be coo.. so I don't gotta whoop no butts here..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Rockhounder55

Charlie said the shipping costs were going to be covered by someone for those of you that might have a problem with coming up with that. So don't let that be a hinderance to participating. The bottle elves must be out there somewhere. [:-] ~Mike

I was only kidding,im poor but I ain't that poor [:D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: ajohn

I was all dressed up today!Heck, I was contemplating taking a blanket to the movies last night.I might have been brought up in the midwest,but I've lived in Ca.long enough that anything under 60 is COLD.

I'm sure we could spare a little snow to ship to you ajohn,....[:D] It's actually late this year,....this morning was the first we awoke with snow on the ground,...(Just an inch or two) but it's 25 degrees as I type this.

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

but it's 25 degrees as I type this.

Yah,I know I've gotten soft.Gonna have to Indjun up cause I'm moving back up to the mountains the middle of Dec..They've already gotten 6-8 inches up there.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Count me in please ! I was lucky winner of this super secret Santa extra surprize last year(from Gunther ) ,and also got a great bottle from secret Santa .

037EDAC673C74655B0793EF00326F778.jpg

Attachments

• 037EDAC673C74655B0793EF00326F778.jpg
    037EDAC673C74655B0793EF00326F778.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 43

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I am in again this year. What are the dead lines for signing up and shipping? Did I miss those some where in all this mess?

PD

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello digswithstick; That is a nice bottle you have pictured, that you got last year. I noticed that is old enough to have the plain bloc C without the tongue up on the top of the C. I had to write to you and ask if it had any unique makers marks on the bottom. I have been studying a lot of these bottles, because the demand for large quantities of bottles at that time to satisfy the Mineral Water market. At that time they had to do a lot of innovative things to make bottles faster, and I have studied them to see when the innovations showed up in the making marks on the glass. The Half-Leaf Mold Cavity shows up on a lot of them. I was able to date the beginning of when they started chilling the iron of the mineral water bottles to remove the cold mold ripple in the glass. I was also able to identify the approximately year when they started to shoulder vent the molds with a small (Approcimately #70) twist drill to let the shoulder forming blow against the mold in that area, better than before.

Just curious and if you have any questions, feel free to ask about any mysteries that are on them. RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers