AC EVANS UP FOR SALE.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

whats that song... 99 bottles on the wall 99 bottles take one down and list it around 98 bottles one the wall....
That is a very familiar song, I know I've heard it before.....LOL

TJSJHART

Reaction score
MAYBE JUST MAYBE IT'S THE BLACK RUSSIANS I'VE BEEN CONSUMING BUT...I AGREE WITH CYBER AND WOODY... LOL

Iowadigger64

Reaction score
Chris I am happy for you! It is not every day that a hoard of bottles are found like this it is a dream for most to find just a portion of what you have found and many diggers have spent countless hours researching and digging for these types of finds not to mention the blood and sweat that is put into finding them it is indeed a great investment. I chase these bottles all over my state and alot of time and hard work is invested trying to find them not only to preserve history but to also add to my collection and give other collectors of these rare bottles a chance to own them. I say If someone on the forum wants them let them bid on them on e-bay just like everyone else does I see no harm in you changing your mind if that is the case that being said I hope you make a fortune off of your finds and thanks for adding more rare and fantastic finds to the great hobby of bottle collecting and for preserving many pieces of history!!!

justadddirt

Reaction score
Well said Iowadigger64. I agree with you a 100%.Also thanks Charlie & Woody for putting a stop to all the negative crap.

rockbot

Reaction score
I'm sure Chris and company are a great bunch. I would have loved the opportunity to dig with my Father and kin. I always admire forum members that do that.
I will never have that chance.

I think some of us members were let down because we made offers and we either didn't get a response or an opportunity to counter. It appeared that the highest offer was used to grade value and everyone else was put aside. Kind a like shopping around for who would pay the most then set a reserve price on ebay.
Kind of a double whammy.

Woody I don't think its about jealousy and all that bs. It was a great dig with some killer glass and we all hope for such wonderful hoard. Kudos to Chris and company I'am happy for you guys.

If there was better business ettiquete, things might have worked out.

Happy digging and be safe!
Rocky

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Well said Rocky.
ORIGINAL: rockbot

I'm sure Chris and company are a great bunch. I would have loved the opportunity to dig with my Father and kin. I always admire forum members that do that.

I think some of us members were let down because we made offers and we either didn't get a response or an opportunity to counter. It appeared that the highest offer was used to grade value and everyone else was put aside. Kind a like shopping around for who would pay the most then set a reserve price on ebay.
Kind of a double whammy.

Woody I don't think its about jealousy and all that bs. It was a great dig with some killer glass and we all hope for such wonderful hoard. Kudos to Chris and company I'am happy for you guys.

Rocky

ncbred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

Kind of a double whammy.

Rocky

I don't know about the fielding offers to get a value part. Those three are not new to the hobby and have bought and sold some of the nicest bottles from Wilmington there is. So I think they kinda had a ballpark idea on what this one was worth. Just remember that the people on this site only make up a small percentage of the bottle collecting community. For every offer that was made on one of the AC Evans bottles here there could be 10 times as many people out there that are just as or even more interested than people on this site. So Ebay could be the way to go. Or even a local consignment auction. I've found that local bottles seem to go alot higher at estate or consignment auctions than they do on Ebay.

glass man

Reaction score
JUST WISH I HAD JUST ONE OF THE MOST COMMON ONES IF PONTILED...HEY GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS...YES I AM JEAOLUS...BUT HAVE NO ANIMOSITY TOWARDS NO ONE...HAPPY YALL FOUND IT ALL AND THANKS FOR SHARING THE EXCITEMENT OF IT!...WHO WOULDN'T BE JEALOUS OF SUCH A GREAT FIND? JAMIE

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

Cyber's opinion really does matter so listen to him. Copper I think is over $3 lb.
Good luck Chris, not that you'll need on those awesome finds.
Big Brother is watching....

77B3A01104E34424A14985D35F961E92.jpg

NIP IT..NIP IT IN THE BUD ,CHARLIE!!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles