Added a local ink but not from Paterson !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a neat bell shaped ink in amber from the next town over on the other side of me, Montclair New Jersey. Even though it's not a Paterson bottle it is a direct neighbor and very old town here as well and it was a chance to add a little color to my collection. I did a search here and Cardinell Ink came up with a green bottle in a different shape which I am also looking to add now, I would love to add a green bottle to the limited color in my area. After doing some research there were only 5 hutch bottles ever done in color in New Jersey so that really limits me. I will take better pic's when the ink gets here and I hope you like it....did this have a glass stopper like the green one below ?????????
Jim
BOdWPSBGkKGrHgoOKj4EjlLmZqNBJuy0-w5.jpg
[/IMG]
BOdWZYgBGkKGrHgoOKi8EjlLmZdNYBJuy2q.jpg
[/IMG]

epackage

Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of the green one posted here by Ye Old Propector....I would love to add this green beauty to my drab collection...
Om32342.jpg
[/IMG]
Vt58436.jpg
[/IMG]

surfaceone

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a neat bell shaped ink in amber from the next town over on the other side of me, Montclair New Jersey. Even though it's not a Paterson bottle it is a direct neighbor and very old town here as well and it was a chance to add a little color to my collection.

Uh-oh Jim,

Sounds like you are a goner now for sure... That is a great looking ink eradicator, at least I think it to be. Am I reading the ink drops as saying "Ink" & "Out"? I think you are in a whole new sub-category here. A cool one, to be sure. I've never dug an ink eradicator. At least I don't think so, nothing with embossing that would indicate as much. Very cool bottle, sir!

Thanks for your assist on the googlebook entry in that Magic Refief thread. Remember we are all neighbors... I'm just a couple hundred towns down the adjoining roadway...[;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I agree with SC, it's apparently an ink remover of some sort.. probably came in handy around tax season.. very cool!
Say, are you interested in other Montclair bottles? Are there other towns buffering Paterson whose bottles would complement your collection??

epackage

Reaction score
yes surface it's an eradicator, Charlie there are other towns but they were smaller and very little in the way of bottles from them. That's why I kept that Passaic qt. hutch and I have a bottle from Clifton Nj as well, I really like that green Cardinell because of the lack of color available to my collection. I am considering a Green Seltzer Bottle now but not sure I wanna spend $45 on it, we shall see...
Jim
ps
Just nice getting something with color even if it's small like this

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I hear ya, Jim.. with my primary focus being on local beers and sodas, you might as well call me "Aquaman" ..that's kinda why I also keep an eclectic mix of everything else. It's all the variations of size, shape and color that make a shelf full of slicks and commons worth looking at!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I hear ya, Jim.. with my primary focus being on local beers and sodas, you might as well call me "Aquaman" ..that's kinda why I also keep an eclectic mix of everything else. It's all the variations of size, shape and color that make a shelf full of slicks and commons worth looking at!
Did you get that polish beer and the other 2 bottles yet charlie????

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I think so.. I got the card thing from the post office, telling me a package awaits.. I will pick it up in the morning.. thank you, Jim!!!

epackage

Reaction score
I got another one of these in amber but it is the same shape as the green one, with stopper and original Tin holder and paperwork. I'll post pic's when it gets here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks