Adlam Patent jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Same date, different year. Looks a bit different also.
http://www.google.com/patents?id=eyc_AAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

epackage

Reaction score
Yeah my lid has 4 distinct threads, I sent Greg Spurgeon a email to see what he can tell me...

MNJars

Reaction score
Very cool jar - definately collectible and has value. I agree with the others that much of the value is in the lid. These came in a few different sizes too. You might want to measure. I think 12oz, pint, and 24oz.

It sure looks like some kid was happy to get a jar full of candy about 120 years ago! (or mince meat, who knows...)

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I hope he can help you out Jim. RB10 has a cross reference of Pat dates and nothing came close for Dec.22 of any year there either. There was one for 1858 and 1886 but they weren't it.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: MNJars

Very cool jar - definately collectible and has value. I agree with the others that much of the value is in the lid. These came in a few different sizes too. You might want to measure. I think 12oz, pint, and 24oz.

It sure looks like some kid was happy to get a jar full of candy about 120 years ago! (or mince meat, who knows...)
The first pic has it next to a quart mason jar so I'm assuming 24 ounces. Greg says "Nice find, as labeled examples are very scarce, although it may not add much to the value unless it the label is extremely colorful or graphic." Good pics coming tomorrow...

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Here's the patent for the pail.
http://www.google.com/patents?id=jhptAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&dq=ininventor:%22SAMUEL+ADLAM%22&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Perhaps what you're seeing that says "meat" is the last part of the word "sweetmeat" which is indeed - candy.

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks JnS, I'm gonna look at it under a loop and see if I can make anything else out...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583