Age & Info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugbottles

Reaction score
Hey Bottle Greats
I am going to list this bottle at the Webstore and just would like a little discretion on the bottle I am not sure if this is new or older .for give me I am a heck of a digger but still have much to learn Thanks Larry (dugbottles)

001-1024x768.jpg

003-768x1024.jpg

004-1024x768.jpg

010-1024x768.jpg

sunrunner

Reaction score
hi. from your photo,i cant tell,the age,did yoy digg this or buy it ? if you dug it,the age of the other bottles aroud it my give you a clue.if you know the difforince between a hand made bottle and an machen made one it shudet be a problem.

Digging Up Bottles

Reaction score
Hey Larry. I see a mold seam in the first pic off the glare but I can't tell if it ends there or goes through the lip. That will determine if it's post or pre-1900 (Post-1900 if seam goes through). Regardless, I believe that bottle is a decanter. The shape is right, only it's missing the top piece to it. It's a nice find with nice color!

Dugbottles

Reaction score
Yes very hard to see but I do see a seam on the top of the lip that I could not see before So I thing its 1900's

Dugbottles

Reaction score
RE: Age & Info - 2/12/2013 9:13:40 PM   

sunrunner
hi. from your photo,i cant tell,the age,did yoy digg this or buy it ? if you dug it,the age of the other bottles aroud it my give you a clue.if you know the difforince between a hand made bottle and an machen made one it shudet be a problem.

Thanks for the help I did not see the seam because it is very faint I had to get it in better light and use my magnifier this one was not dug I just got some bottles from a fellow that I installed tires on his truck .He clams to have many more in a stack of boxes in his garage so I'm going to his house Hope I get some goodies

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1