Alabama Georgia South Carolina Sleep with one eye and ear open

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
About 3 or 4am Pat in the center of the state will be where it is most active.There will be Tornadoes you can count on that. Not as many as earlier today but there will be hail and straight line wind damage. There is a part of the atmosphere which becomes very unstable it is just on the Western side flank of the Cold Front. In order for this area to become severe you need moist humid very warm air in the 5 to 10000 ft part of the atmosphere ahead of the storm system.The next clash of these two air masses will occur in your state right about here ( see picture below ) as I see temps approaching 75 degrees ahead of the front.The other feature which ignites these storms are the Mountains as the air is forced up and over the ridges tremendous down drafts occur which in themselves cause quite extensive damage plus they help to lift the warm air very quickly into that key area discussed earlier which when conditions are favorable can spawn a tornado right out of the blue.The storms will weaken as they approach North Carolina and Virginia because the air is much colder and more stable up here.

27689CCE65C54C4D98F5D3A74A7E791E.jpg

Attachments

• 27689CCE65C54C4D98F5D3A74A7E791E.jpg
    27689CCE65C54C4D98F5D3A74A7E791E.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 67

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

On this same radar image you can see a second omega wall cloud form at the south western most part of the squall line. This is once in a lifetime stuff here.You see this formation only once every 30 years it has happened twice in one evening in two completely different areas of the country.when the top of the storm collapses. I have shown in the picture below the feature again. I also circled 3 large scale Tornadoes in Mississippi at the same time. Branden Carobran are you alright?
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/alabama/weather-radar?play=true

4BF512C0B6C0455C9D12607F105B9EA8.jpg
I'm fine and dandy,Is it still in Mississippi?Attala county is directly in the center of Miss(theres a red blob directly over us in this picture). but we haven't had anything real bad yet.It was lightening alot earlier though.

epackage

Reaction score
I hope everyone is safe and sound and gets thru the night ok, members, guests and everyone else in the area....[&o]

CreekWalker

Reaction score
With family in Ala. GA, and South Carolina, I have asked God's Hand of protection for them and for those in these areas. Thank goodness it missed our own little tornado alley tonight, although the storms and wind were very strong today. I left Jackson at midday and the wind was gusting to 60 mph, and the sky was black as midnight!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229