"ALLESCH KUMMEL" bottle ....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RJ2

Reaction score
Any information appreciated. It must be rare, I can't find any solid info on it.
Thx.
RJ

BTW, it has strange text of a different alphabet on the other side panel. (see pic)

Capturepiohjohi.jpgcv.jpgCapturecvdcgh.JPG

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
The other alphabet is in Cyrillic letters. In Russian, for example, this word might be pronounced AL.leshh. The small "b" at the end is a мягкий знак or "soft sign" indicating a breathy, subtle-sibilant pronunciation.

botlguy

Reaction score
I like that bottle a lot. It looks very much like a GILKA which I have 2 of for window display. I believe the word Kummel has to do with a Liqueur, or some such alcohol drink. I can't help further but would possibly be willing to trade you something if you're interested. Jim

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Early Gilka bottles are very attractive. This is a later bottle used to export a non-alcoholic kummel. Note the date, 1911, on the foil-covered neck of the bottle. This was just prior to WWI. The non-alcoholic version may have been prompted by rising prohibitionist sentiment in the USA.
gilka_kummel_base.JPG gilka_kummel_label.JPG gilka_kummel_seal1911.JPG

RJ2

Reaction score
Harry, thanks, that's cool info. Wonder what it translates to?

Jim, always interested in trading. This bottle was actually found in an "outbuilding ruin" a few miles from my house. Not by me but by my now 90 year old bottle buddy. He found it in the 1970's when, as he puts it, the finding was "much easier"'. I have a lot of his bottles besides this, including a few historical flasks, so not too much sentimental value here as to not trade for something. But a little.

I actually vaguely remember a guy selling an example of this bottle somewhere, I think.
A show? Ebay? Don't know can't find any reference for this.
For some some reason I think it was a tall guy with dark bushy curly hair from Chicago.
RJ

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28