ALOHA to My Friend "808 50th State"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
1BBD7B252F68454298118E47B6004164.jpg

Nate,

I tried to find his obituary in the Star Advertiser but came up empty. I cannot believe he's gone.

He took such joy in digging and finding Hawaiian glass. It was always a pleasure to read his postings and feel his spirit through his words and pictures.

Here's his most recent thread: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Stay%2DVacation%25%25%25/m-404182/tm.htm

And his mud flats discoveries: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Mud-Flats-Find-4%2D15%2D11/m-401956/tm.htm

"Those to whom we say farewell, are welcomed by others."

E442541CD1DE4768A766857981483FA8.gif

WAHIAWA DIGGER

Reaction score
Thanks surfaceone... It took me over a year to finally get permission to get into the ranch (Waialua/Takayama Camp). Earl said he heard so much about that place before it became a ranch from other diggers and that how he would love to dig there because he never been there. So I am very happy to made it happen for him during his "stay vacation". On TresureNet & YoutubeI'm also known as "808Beginnerdigger". Earl has some nice post there too. Thanks again!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
This news is very difficult to comprehend. Earl was such a lively guy, you'd think that he was the epitome of health. You never know when God will call, though, so live your days to the fullest. We will all miss Earl's emails and posts and offer our most sincere condolences to his family.

Aloha oe, Hoapili.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Does anyone know (why) he passed? Did he have a health problem? Like many of us said he was the picture of health from what we saw.

rockbot

Reaction score
From what I heard Earl pasted away in his sleep. I know a few years ago he had a procedure done that required a electrical shock applied to is heart to correct
what was believed to be an irregular heart beat. I remember him being concerned about it but after the procedure he was fine. I can only assume his heart stopped while he was asleep.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I do not mean to offend anyone. When my dad and a good friend died of cancer at almost the same time a few years back I began to more aggressively think about death and how we depart. Quick and easy is good for the departed, but not maybe the best for those left behind.

If we live a just and admirable life, there should be a better understanding laid down before we depart. I am trying to live every day like it is my last, as we all should.

If we all live "it" and walk the walk, should we have any regrets? Should those "left" behind then feel bad?

PD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese