altered color Marion Fruit Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
From the amount of feedback each bidder has you would think that they would know better! P.T. Barnum said it best [:)][:)]

ajohn

Reaction score
I emailed the seller to let him know he was selling an altered color jar.
It's one thing when a jar is identified as an altered jar. It is absolutely another issue when the truth is hidden with clever wording!

idigjars

Reaction score
It's definitely nuked. The problem with ebay is you have no way to let the buyer know now. Years ago when you could identify buyers you could warn them. This guy just got took for $513. Paul

justanolddigger

Reaction score
The high bidder is "vip.s " This is the same guy from the UK who is paying outrageous stupid prices all over ebay, $3000 for cobalt hutches, $7000 for straight side cokes. Rumor has it he is buying for a Sheik to open a museum. At least a good common collector didn't get taken

here is a list of the 1100+ purchases he has made in the last 30 days

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=vip.s&sort=10&page=1&rows=200&completed=1&all=1

There is at least one other bidder doing the same thing, or maybe same guy with two id's

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=theroutes&sort=10&page=1&rows=200&completed=1&all=1

Bill

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Rumor has it he is buying for a Sheik to open a museum. At least a good common collector didn't get taken

That's interesting. An Arab Sheik guy just bought a hutch from me recently on fleabay and paid a crazy price.
Maybe we will get some gas money back from them :)

MNJars

Reaction score
A museum of nuked jars, great! I hope they don't start bidding on some of the authentic jars that I really want.

cookie

Reaction score
if it looks too good to be true.....it's probably nuked.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229