Am I just wrong in my listing practices?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I listed this here and on ebay in the past, admittedly with not enough info. I listed again and I'll see what happens with the price increase but I did add a lot more info. What do you think? Is it so much more common than I feel it is? Maybe the stamp isn't what bottle collectors want? Is the damage so bad it's unsaleable?
Whatever I guess, I'm not going to give it away but I'd like your opinions. Can I do a better listing?[8|]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271114847127
I think it's a great bottle with the stamp myself and I'd keep it I didn't need some extra cash.
You won't hurt my feeling with any opinion so no worries.[:)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Here was the old list, I'll have to find (and delete) the offering here. I just can't do a break even or lose now, I'd rather keep it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271105422044?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649

epackage

Reaction score
My guess is at the going rate the bottle and stamp are probably in the $20 range...

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Hello cowseatmaize your listing is looks great!! Perhaps some more picture will help, such as the whole bottle & where the stamp is. I'll just give it some more time if I were you, don't give up!! if it doesn't sell relist it & keep trying eventually somebody will bid, trust me, well if you're not in the rush!! if you do there is no other option but to list it with free shipping & $0.99 starting bid (but doing so high risk of loosing money).
I hope this is help.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yup, I thought of that Joe, I thought about starting at $9.99. If I ended up having to sell it for that though, I'd end up in a suppuku spot and I just can't do that now.
I personally need to make a profit or break even.
I don't do the scratch tickets much either but I know in the long run I never break even either.[:)][:D][:D]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
You might want to list the revenue stamp alone under its correct category.
I see them listed for about $25-35 in excellent condition.

I think its this one ...

UNITED STATES REVENUE STAMPS
Private Die Medicine Stamps
Scott #RS137b
S.D. Howe (Arabian Milk), 4c blue
F-VF thin spot
Year: 1871-77

from .. http://www.ericjackson.com/catalog/results.asp

The RS numbers are sort of like Greer numbers for pontil meds.
The bottle might be tough to sell. There enough undamaged ones out there to supply demand.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28