am i making a mistake?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Crooklynways

Reaction score
hello all i found a soda bottle back in april while metal detecting and someone wants to buy it ..but not sure what to let it go for a searched the company and all the info on the bottle and there's nothing a few people on here also searched but with no luck here's a link its the third pic from the top and the bottle info is listed as #7 on the list of bottles i found i was offered $15.00

Any help would be great thanks so much for looking

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well we can't help you much without more informatiion and a picture or two. There are a lot of little details that need to be considered if the marks of making on the glass. The type of finiwh is important. If it is hand tooled there will be horizontal lines of the rotated tool left on the glass. If the finish has two vertical seams - it was formed in a neckring if the vertical lines do not line up with the mold seam. If the seams are in line with mold seam - it could have been made with the thread in the top of the mold. I could go on further, but we need to do a lot of homework to learn what the bottle tells us. RED Matthews

Crooklynways

Reaction score
Sorry i forgot to add the link https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-511153/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#511153

there is a seam on both sides starting from the very top to the bottom and underneath on the bottom theres a triangle with a R in the middle

Plumbata

Reaction score
If I had the bottle I'd happily sell it for 2 bucks and never look back. Yonkers is a big town and ABM stuff is likely pretty common, so I'd take the 15 and run unless you are aware of a vibrant collecting community there which may pay more for it there.

For me and my smaller town of 110,000 though, 15 for a nondescript machine made bottle would be an immediate no-question sale.

I wouldn't mind if someone proves to me that it is rare and that I should eat my hat, but barring that I think you are making out better than ya would on eBay.

epackage

Reaction score
Nyahay's are collectible but $15 is top money for it, you did good..

surfaceone

Reaction score
Ciro,

You never posted a photo of this bottle. I've never seen one & would like to.

Did'ya notice This Inquiry?

Jessica-Rabbit-23.jpg

Crooklynways

Reaction score
i did post the picture back in april and added the link in the above post https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-511153/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#511153
its the third pic ... and yes i did see that post of someone asking about it that soda bottle company

surfaceone

Reaction score
If you're looking to sell it, and can get $15, Run, don't walk to that person.

6DDC013A70E6436B810DCF0C2ABF7886.jpg
87671628_c5f0fb19f0.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter