Amazing Birmingham Coca-Cola Hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
Never seen this guy before. That's a prefect looking bottle [8D]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coca-Cola-script-hutchinson-bottle-Birmingham-NICE-/161039608216

celerycola

Reaction score
When they were first digging these back in the sixties they were selling for five bucks apiece at the dump.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I was just down in Alabama all last week, Found some Privies down there but to hot & to much Foliage to dig. Sure would like to dig one of those while down there. LEON.

celerycola

Reaction score
I dug three Birmingham's and a Talladega when I lived there. Also had the Chattanooga and the Bessemer which cost me $25 each in great condition.

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

When they were first digging these back in the sixties they were selling for five bucks apiece at the dump.

Probably why they're so rare today [8D]

celerycola

Reaction score
I wouldn't say rare since I see them for sale at shows. One guy had over twenty at one time that he dug himself.

Tuskegee, Brunswick about as easy to find as the Chattanooga and Birmingham since a bunch were found. Bessemer and Jasper a bit harder. Anniston, Gadsden, and Talladega are pretty tough. You may have to sell your soul to get an Atlanta.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that more bottles are sold on ebay instead of bottle shows and private sales. You sure can't judge rarity from ebay listings where EVERYTHING is "rare."
ORIGINAL: AlexD

ORIGINAL: celerycola

Probably why they're so rare today [8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey