Amazing find!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jarhead

Reaction score
[:)]

Hi to all,
I met with an old friend today that owned an excavating business since the fifties.
I did a little bartering with hima and came home with an amazing collection of bottles.
One was a cream bottle with a wide mouth. I cleaned it and drank my dinner milk out of it. Milk never tasted so good since the milkman delivered it 35 years ago or so to our door and I drank the cream right out of top. That was heaven. There are some bottle here that I am a little shocked in seeing. I almost do not know what to think. Any ideas?

Jarhead

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Jarhead, welcome to the forum.[:)] You've come to the right place to learn about your bottles.[8|] Take some time to look through the different threads; you might discover some pictures, descriptions, and conversations about bottles that you may already have.[;)] You'll also see that we're very formal here, take a secret oath to join and have to pay monthly dues......nah, we're just a bunch of bottle nuts, make that people nuts about bottles.[8D] If you can, post some pictures, or give us some descriptions, we're all here to share and learn. Welcome again.[:)]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Go to the menus top of the forum page and click on the help and follow instructions on how to upload a picture. Pay particular attention to sizing, crop as much of the background as possible, or gasp! You'll hear from ROGER or CHRIS!!!!![;)]

Jarhead

Reaction score
Thanks again Norm,
How much later will folks be up on the forum tonight?

Maine Digger

Reaction score
You're in for a pleasant suprise Jarhead! Our members here harken from the 4 corners of the Earth![:)] The Forum resides in England, Thanks to Roger, we've moderators in OZ, (Australia) - terrible flesh eating people!![8D] stuffy New Englanders ahem, Southern Aristocrats, Mid Atlantic Buttle Junkies, South Western dust diggers, (they don't have real soil down there), California Bottle Dreamers, North Western Hostettler Hunters, Let's see, Mid-western Milk Bottle Hounds, Canadian Royal - Mounted Dump Diggers and on and on and on...... So there's likely to be someone on 24 hrs!

Opps, forgot about the New Yorkers - they just try to keep up with the New Englanders[8D]

Jarhead

Reaction score
Norm,

The pictures are taken and on the computer.
Only there are 13 of them!
If it is not ok to post pictures uncropped then I think that 13 pics would probably go over like a lead balloon. I tried to crop them in Paint but they go off of the screen so that I cannot crop them without losing some of the pic.
Can I email them to members who wish to see them?

Jarhead

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Norm...you forgot about us Baker Cityites who collect 3-in-1 bottles and green soda bottles that traveled all the way across the U.S.[;)]

Welcome to the forum Jarhead...I can't help but wonder what 35 year old milk tasted like though?[:D]...I just posted a reply on "What is it? After 1900" about milk bottles...do I see a trend here?

Keep on barterin'....

The Doc...[X(]

Jarhead

Reaction score
Well, Here they are

Wu59475.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Wu59475.jpg
    Wu59475.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Wu59475.jpg
    Wu59475.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads