Amber bottle with odd finger holds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

717digger

Reaction score
In my 10+ years of digging/metal detecting, I have never been able to not source a find. I found this bottle as is with the pump spray attached. The odd part of the bottle is the two "finger holds" on the side (my terminology - sorry:oops:).

Has anyone ever seen a mold of this sort? I know it's a modern bottle by the area I was in, but I'm still perplexed by the design.
Thanks for any help! Karen

bottle1.jpeg

bottle.JPG

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
Karen: this is the first time I see this.
I guess the pump spray was added to an old bottle in order to give it s new use.
The holds might be been designed for steady the closure with a type of metal piece.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's an odd one. My best guess is that it had a wire handle which was somehow fitted onto those protruding bits, although usually those were held on by glass loops.

Bottleboi

Reaction score
Looks to me someone just took and drilled a body lotion pump into an old Clorox bottle. Some redneck ingenuity

embe

Reaction score
Looks like late 70's -80's plastic pump parts, most likely not underground long, if at all

slugplate

Reaction score
Could be an ammonia bottle. Ammonia was a very popular and cheap cleaning agent in sixties, especially in toilets and showers. I wonder if that's what it can be, it's the only guess I have.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese