amber hobble shirt coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i don't believe so. i think that's a common style of fanta bottle for canada. fanta is one of the brands i collect and i've seen quite a few of that style.

digdug

Reaction score
Here is the upside down ACL. I was told they made about a case of them at the glass factory as a joke. They were supposed to have been destroyed. But, it looks like some made it home in someones lunch box.

Ec87744.jpg

Attachments

• Ec87744.jpg
    Ec87744.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 68

BARQS19

Reaction score
Wow cool, I don't see how that's even possible. I've seen that coke bottle where the entire label was white but you could still see the words coca cola and coke.
Robert
BARQS19

digdug

Reaction score
I think they just put the silk screen in upside down. The screens were a rectangle shaped and could be put in upside down.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
There's currently an amber hobbleskirt from Sistersville W VA listed on eBay. Looks like another "true amber".
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7218889891&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Now this Coke bottle listed on ebay has been nuked. Notice how the amber color has a smokey olive tint to it. I would bet the family farm (that is if my family had a farm) that this bottle has been irrateated or colored. It is not a true amber and irateated botles alot of times have a smokey look. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amber-Brown-COCA-COLA-bottle-6-1-2-oz-COKE_W0QQitemZ6263360295QQcategoryZ39500QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lee

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottleboy311

Now this Coke bottle listed on ebay has been nuked. ...

Definitely. Notice how the guy has other "smokey amber" items for sale. He's got a pretty crappy irradiating source though, that Drey jar barely looks amber to me [:D]

Another ebay irradiation clown to add to my list, I hate them enough that I have to admit it's somewhat of an obsession [:mad:]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960