amber Pepsi bottle ???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
It had a U.S. glass makers mark on it. U.S. bottles began to show metric size in the mid to late 1970's due to the 'Metric Law' signed by Gerald Ford. Plus, I don't think Pepsi used a green bottle in Canada for this style bottle.
Getting back to the original question, I believe the amber swirl bottle was altered, by radiation or some other method. A lot of them were on ebay in the past year.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Doug,

Fleabay's got a Warning Page.

FayettevilleAmberPepsi.jpg
From Reggie.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
The green glass bottles are more than likely "third shift" bottles. Some guys at the glass plant goofing off. Those kind of green bottles are more reliable, because it is much harder to get that color with radiation.

b0ttl3capgirl

Reaction score
Thanks everyone,

Thanks for the information. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through, if he wasnt trying make a fortune off them. I looked at them pretty close, but didnt think to get the date code. Wouldnt altering the color of the glass effect the painted label too?

b0ttl3capgirl

Reaction score
I may go back to see if he still has them. What would be a fair price if want to buy them, not knowing for sure if they are real or altered?

Thanks alot

surfaceone

Reaction score
Wouldnt altering the color of the glass effect the painted label too?

I may go back to see if he still has them. What would be a fair price if want to buy them, not knowing for sure if they are real or altered?

Hello b0ttl3capgirl,

Irradiation would not effect the paint. These bottles you describe have been artificially altered.

Would you pay for something like this?
strpepsi16crown.jpg
I'd much rather win one at the ring toss...[8D]

IMG_0900.jpg

LC

Reaction score
I remember watching a fellow stretching those bottles like that at our county fair years ago . Pretty neat , watched a lot of people walk up and buy one of them . Didn't make me want to buy one of them though ..................

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson