Amelia Earhart crash sight bottle ID help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cpackjr

Reaction score
Researchers found a bottle at possible Earhart crash sight. They are trying to positively ID it. Thought someone here may have the info they need. Really interesting article. Last few paragraphs explain the issue and need for a positive ID by comparison.

http://news.discovery.com/history/amelia-earhart-freckle-creme-jar-120530.html

bobble

Reaction score
Thanx.I gotta admit I'm trying to think here.It's hard keeping up with some of you guys, like Surf.& E-Pac[:-].Joking aside,it sounds like they are coming close to finding out what happened to Amelia and her navigator.The search team found evidence that some of the bottles may have been used to boil water,cook out of,and the freckle cream had insect repellent qualities.All the glass dates to the 30's.Locals that visited the island found human bones a while back,but wouldn't you know they've been lost.When the team came home and viewed their videos' they see what they think is plane wreckage along a reef.I think they are funding-up to go back.Personally I have my doubts. If they find an Electra with all the numbers,it may destroy whats become somewhat of a cottage industry.Anywhoo...I hope they do find out and lay this to rest properly.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bobble

Thanx.I gotta admit I'm trying to think here.It's hard keeping up with some of you guys, like Surf.& E-Pac[:-].Joking aside,it sounds like they are coming close to finding out what happened to Amelia and her navigator.The search team found evidence that some of the bottles may have been used to boil water,cook out of,and the freckle cream had insect repellent qualities.All the glass dates to the 30's.Locals that visited the island found human bones a while back,but wouldn't you know they've been lost.When the team came home and viewed their videos' they see what they think is plane wreckage along a reef.I think they are funding-up to go back.Personally I have my doubts. If they find an Electra with all the numbers,it may destroy whats become somewhat of a cottage industry.Anywhoo...I hope they do find out and lay this to rest properly.
[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles