An early ABM Bottle re Jay Empoprium

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Jays emporium and others;
This bottle impressed me because it provided a bottle mystery. I wrote a reply but got timed out so I lost it. So here I am repeating my thoughts. This bottle does not have a transfer bead under the finish. The seam on the finish should be different than the mold seam in location and the 90 degree difference is normal indicating that it was made in a two part neck ring of mold equipment. The neckring is held in the bottom cut out of the parison (or Blank) mold. The objective need for a transfer bead is to keep the parison glass form hanging in the mold when the mold closes around it. Without a transfer bead the parison’s weight would pull it down in the mold before the blowhead could be put over it and blown the parison glass out to the cavity walls completing the bottle form.
So that is a mystery..
To me the glass looks to have been too cold to blow smooth in the mold. I agree that it is possibly a foreign made bottle and the quality of the glass is questionable besides.
I like these mystery developing bottles. RED Matthews

This bottle was shown about four days ago. My computer let me down so this was written and I couldn't post it at that time. It followed the thread copied below here which had pictures included.

02/07/2013 posted by Jays emporium;
I recently traded for this bottle from one of the forum members. It is embossed DR. FERNANDO BARCELO on both side panels. Deep blue-green color early machine made cork top bottle. The mold seams go up the sides to a ring around the neck and are then offset 90 degrees and continue to the top of lip. I don't have any idea where this is from. Is anyone familiar with it?

I am sorry for the delay but I would like to know where this bottle is now. RED Matthews

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello RED,

modern-residence-Freshome025.jpg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
No This one.. RED M.

It didn't post. ie the picture.

02/07/2013 posted by Jays emporium;
I recently traded for this bottle from one of the forum members. It is embossed DR. FERNANDO BARCELO on both side panels. Deep blue-green color early machine made cork top bottle. The mold seams go up the sides to a ring around the neck and are then offset 90 degrees and continue to the top of lip. I don't have any idea where this is from. Is anyone familiar with it?

RED Matthews

Reaction score
No your right that is the bottle. I don't know how they could have hung that parison in a closed mold, without having the weight of the parison pull it down into the mold. I finally got ahold of Jay - and the bottle sold on eBay - for $9.99. It would have been worth that just for the study opportunity. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.