An interesting thing happened while diving

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Mark.

Pigeonman. I would ALWAYS wear a wet (or a dry) suit. There is a lot of debris in any river. You will get all scratched or cut up without it (and plus you'll be warmer with it on). In terms of the depth. At two feet, I wouldn't take any gear (like your BC or tanks). Either just walk it - mucking with your feet - or stick your face in the water and pull yourself along. BTW - in two feet of water, the area is much easier searched. I think you'll have better luck where it's a least a little deeper. Having said that, I would do it in a second if I was finding old bottles.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
My next advice is to be careful. There are branches, rocks, fences, often combined with poor visibility. A strong current alone can be dangerous. I don't know what your experience is so, I'll assume nothing. You MUST HAVE proper training. That means a PADI course taught by a certified instructor. If you don't have that, you are literally risking your life.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Lots of more advice or tips but I don't want to bore everyone. Let me know if you're interested.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75