An odd one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Hi all,
I picked this up at a flea market this weekend, and I have no clue what it is.

The bottle is 3 sided. Each side is 2" wide and the bottle is 8" long. The neck is thick and does not sit centered in the bottle.The top mimics a sheared lip but it seems that a lot of work has gone into making it smooth. Embossed on one side is "Pat'd Nov 5th 1912", another side has 1 to 5 gal marks, the third side is blank.

The guy I bought it from said it was a type of firebomb, but I don't know if I agree with his assessment since the glass seems exceptionally thick and not easy to throw. Furthermore the markings along the side make me think it was for some sort of chemical refilling container or overflow valve. It looks like the design of the lip is specific for a connecting to a hose.

I've searched around a bit with no luck.... any ideas?
[align=left] [/align]

1A80C651AC6B4111AEBA62B002D103F7.jpg

Attachments

• 1A80C651AC6B4111AEBA62B002D103F7.jpg
    1A80C651AC6B4111AEBA62B002D103F7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 44

TJSJHART

Reaction score
JUST A GUESS..SOME SORT OF MEDICAL BOTTLE ?..IT'S A STRANGE LOOKIN BOTTLE..WHAT ARE THE GAL. MARKS ON THE SIDE?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's a measuring bottle for something. Maybe pesticide? The graduation are to be added to each gallon of water. That would explain the 3 sides like a poison.
That's my theory and I sticking to it.

ecotramper412

Reaction score
Maybe pesticide? The graduation are to be added to each gallon of water.

So far I'm thinking some sort of measuring device for a poison as well. The neck is flush with the inside of the bottle, probably designed to prevent any chemicals from being left inside. That coupled with 3 sides and the neck/opening being in line with one of the edges makes this bottle look well designed for making sure all of its contents come out w/out any left overs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR