Angry buyer...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Sold a bottle to a South Jersey collector on August 23rd, shipped it out the same day Priority Mail with tracking, then left him glowing feedback for paying so fast and being a great buyer. Today I get a message from eBay about a case being opened against me because the item hasn't arrived, I'm confused so I go to eBay and see that there's a tracking number, I click on it and it shows that the item left the sort center on the 25th but there are no further updates.

So I contact the buyer and he says "You must have done something stupid when you packed it, maybe you wrote down the wrong address!". I tell him that I printed the label directly off of eBay and it shows the same address he has provided eBay with, he thens shoots me another email asking "How did I pack it, do I normally have these problems when I sell?". I explain that it's in an oversized USPS shoebox in bubblewrap and packing peanuts and tell him to check my feeback, which is loaded with compliments on my fast shipping and well packed bottles. I then tell him I filed a claim for him with the USPS and I will contact him tomorrow when they respond, but I have a feeling this isn't gonna end well considering the accusatory tone of his original messages.

Pretty soon you're gonna have to hand deliver the packages and take video of the transaction and have the buyer claim on video that they have received their item and are happy with it to satisfy eBay....[:mad:]

reach44

Reaction score
If anything its the USPS's fault he didn't get it. Don't they insure priority mail up to 50 bucks?

reach44

Reaction score
Item as described
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar90_17x14.gif

s.gif

Communication
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar90_17x14.gif

s.gif

Shipping time
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif

s.gif

Shipping and handling charges
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar100_17x14.gif
iconStar80_17x14.gif

Those reviews look pretty solid to me!!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
You're doing it right E. Just stay calm. When the item finally does arrive, (or the post office finds it) you'll be rewarded for taking the high road.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: reach4thebottle

If anything its the USPS's fault he didn't get it.  Don't they insure priority mail up to 50 bucks?

Yes, that's why I filed the claim for the lost item, figured I'd get the ball rolling for him asap. Asking how I opacked it and telling me I must have done something stupid when I packed it didn't sit well with me...

You're doing it right E. Just stay calm. When the item finally does arrive, (or the post office finds it) you'll be rewarded for taking the high road.

Thanks Bob, I can live with a negative feedback, it's just the accusatory tone when he knows it was shipped the same day he paid. I don't control what happens after I scan it in at the PO, we shall see though...[;)]

jays emporium

Reaction score
You have a couple of things going for you. The tracking shows that it WAS shipped so ebay has proof that you shipped the package. USPS now automatically insures Priority Mail for up to $100 when you print your labels from ebay. If the package really is lost you'll be covered. Some customers are just crabby.
Jay

andy volkerts

Reaction score
You cannot please them all Jim, sounds to me like he just wanted someone to blame and you are the easiest guy to do that too, after all since when does the postal service care about their customer service[:mad:]

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Don't give up all hope, remember how long it took the druggist bottle to go from me to you, what was that, 2 freaking weeks,, think we could drive to one anothers home in 2 hours............

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Jim, don't let it get you down. We all know you are a good man and if he's too blind to see that you are trying to go far beyond the call of duty to help him then maybe he's just plain stupid. And you can't fix that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229