Anniversary trip results in bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
That was 25 cents EACH, of course. And yes I think they are all tooled top Bromos. I'll look at them closer when I get a chance. I'm working outside cleaning up the rest of those bottles right now. It's 72 degrees in south Texas today.
I did get some other interesting ones, just didn't take pics of everything. I came home with about 300 bottles and there are probably 1500-2000 still in that garage. Mostly common and unembossed but I can't forget those boxes I didn't get a chance to open.
Jay

Dragon0421

Reaction score
Thats my kind of find right there very nice find great to find great old bottles like that. It shows that those kind of deals are still around. Nice bottles

jays emporium

Reaction score
I washed the bottles today. The Hostetters, one is undamaged but heavy patina so you can't see the glass, another one is stained like that but has a big crack I couldn't see, 3 are not as severely stained but 2 have small nicks on the base and one has a lip chip. You probably wouldn't be interested but I can send pics if you are, I'd sell all 5 for $35. plus shipping. They are the older type, some have W.McG & Co on base. The green one has a lip chip too but I saw that right away. I'm going to put the green one on ebay next week. Thanks for asking.
Jay

appliedlips

Reaction score
Saratogas almost always come out of the ground clean like that, colored new england and new york glass doesn't seem to get sick, I hear the same is true for Western glass.

ORIGINAL: jays emporium

A couple of Saratoga type bottles came out of the boxes. I told the owners those bottles didn't come out of the ground in New Orleans, maybe your parents bought them at an antique shop somewhere. They both adamently told me NO, they would never have spent MONEY on a bottle, maybe somebody gave them as a gift.
Clark & White and Congress Water.

474E343EDC204612A093DAB1CCCEA1C8.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960