Another epackage ebay alert

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

smithman29

Reaction score
Hi epackage. Dont know if you collect Paterson, N.J. stoneware but ebay #330383003523 consists of a gorgeous Fulper cobalt blue script beehive shaped salt glaze stoneware jug from the HOLLANDER BROS. of Patterson. I live in Northeastern PA. and chase every local PA. Fulper Pottery blue script advertising merchant's jug that I can. Fulper's workmanship and unique dark cobalt blue calligraphy style just makes for an outstanding example of turn of the century saltglaze advertising stoneware that exhibits beautifully.
Anyway, good luck if you decide to chase it. It wont go cheap as its already up to $199 with several days to go.
Best regards.

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx Smithman, yes I have been watching it but things are a little tight right now and I am expecting that to end up close to $600. I have an oldtimer with lots of stoneware I can pick thru anytime so I am very gunshy when it comes to scripted cobalt stoneware from the area,, I really appreciate the heads up though...Keep em' coming...
Thanx,
Jim

smithman29

Reaction score
Hi epackage: Glad you have an alternate source for nice local script stoneware other than epay. Its always good when you dont have to fight the hoards of like minded collectors for the privlege of overpaying for what you want. Any auction, whether live or online, is there for the benefit of the seller...not the buyer, who usually, but not always, pays too much. Personally, I try to avoid auctions as a source, if at all possible, but sometimes you just cant find what you want through any alternate venue.
Anyway best of luck in hunting for and acquiring those Patterson bottles. Best regards.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: smithman29

Hi epackage: Glad you have an alternate source for nice local script stoneware other than epay. Its always good when you dont have to fight the hoards of like minded collectors for the privlege of overpaying for what you want. Any auction, whether live or online, is there for the benefit of the seller...not the buyer, who usually, but not always, pays too much. Personally, I try to avoid auctions as a source, if at all possible, but sometimes you just cant find what you want through any alternate venue.
Anyway best of luck in hunting for and acquiring those Patterson bottles. Best regards.

..my sympathies exactly!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy Collie