Another Ghost Town Dig Nice Hinge Mold Med

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Iowadigger64

Reaction score
Well I ventured off again to the old ghost town to dig. If anyone has ever dug these ghost towns it is always much harder to find pits due to the lack of homes and land marks no alleys property line ect. After about 45 minutes of probing I found another pit. I started to dig the pit and at 2 foot water started coming in this was a very wet hole that set at the bottom of a hill and needless to say it was a tough dig with alot of bailing water. I didnt find a great deal of whole items but I did find one good hinge mold med Dr A Rogers liverwort tar & Canchalagua (Wow thats a tounge twister) Two pipes two dolls head a real fancy screw on lid an ink well cups and a large gluer thing a ma jigger. All in all a good day would have been so much better if it was a dry hole was about 5 ft deep by 4 ft wide by 5 ft long. Alot of broken stuff in the hole including bitters.
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

[align=left] [/align]

RedGinger

Reaction score
I always wanted to just even visit a ghost town. I've seen lots of pictures of them, taken in the 19th century, and with so many wooden structures, falling down or burned and scattered everywhere, one can imagine it would be difficult to find the pits, as you said.

slakoper

Reaction score
Here's a picture of our ghost town
http://home.ptd.net/~slakoper/andrewsville.jpg

Its completely gone and I know how you feel. Good Luck

Iowadigger64

Reaction score
We have several ghost towns around here due to coal mining about a dozen in our county alone They would start the towns in close proximity to the mines and when the mines dried up so did lots of the towns.They would move lots of the houses to the bigger surrounding towns many of the homes in my community where moved in from old coal mining towns. lots of the towns still here started out as coal mining towns.
[align=left] [/align]

VA is for Diggers

Reaction score
I love ghost towns; you feel the past alive after holding a bottle used by one of the occupants. Nice recoveries!

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: slakoper

Here's a picture of our ghost town
http://home.ptd.net/~slakoper/andrewsville.jpg

Its completely gone and I know how you feel. Good Luck

Nothing like living where you work. No escaping it thats for sure.

Nice finds Charlie. That ROGERS is good.

splante

Reaction score
speaking of ghost towns here is a website with towns listed across the usa, put your pop up blocker on and check it out
http://www.ghosttowns.com/

B139387916F04EFD89C2B486EB582E07.jpg

Attachments

• B139387916F04EFD89C2B486EB582E07.jpg
    B139387916F04EFD89C2B486EB582E07.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 41

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member