Another great Paterson addition to my collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Actually 2 great additions, these are billheads from Paterson for Shaw & Hinchliffe Maltsters & Brewers both dated 1882 and both signed by John Hinchliffe who later became Mayor and had Hinchliffe Stadium named after him in the 20's. This was home to Negro League Baseball and home to the New York Black Yankees, along with many football games and auto races. I had a nice pic of him from an early magaazine article in 1890 and a much later letter when his son John V. was mayor in the 1930's as well. I love adding this stuff because the bottles are sort of limited...
3619569383-1.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569385-1.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569387.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569388.jpg
[/IMG]

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I love how you are saving local history all in one place... when are you opening the museum?
We have a local guy who collects everything Macungie - they have much of it on display at the Macungie Institute (he has the key and must be there if you want to see it.) Great way to declutter the house!

epackage

Reaction score
Pysho I plan on having a display at the Paterson Museum sometime in the near future now that kids are back in school and making trips there, I also want to have displays at the local grammar and high schools in the area as well. I am looking to acquire some display cabinets so I can make sure the stuff is safe and the wheels are in motion as we speak. I have billheads dating back to 1857 right thru the early 1900's of every business I can find all signed by their respective owners, along with about 750 postcards and a few hundred victorian trade cards. I have a large group of books dating to the 1850's about Paterson history at that time which I just can't get enough of along with tons of small stuff that has shown up in many of my other posts. I also have some great photo's around the house that show Paterson in the 1880's thru the early 1902 Fire that torched a huge part of the city. here are just a few.......

3619569389.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569390.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569391.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569392.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569394.jpg
[/IMG]
3619569395.jpg
[/IMG]

epackage

Reaction score
The 3rd and 5th photos are two of about 14 photo's I own of the city during and after the fire, pic 3 shows city hall behind the people in the street burning at the time. these original photo's are prized by all the Paterson collector's but I would never sell them, I'll leave then to the historical society before ever selling them. I do make copies for people who want to have them for their collections but there is nothing like the originals for sure...

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Jim,

This is a great collection - and it is wonderful to have all kinds of history for Paterson - including the bottles!

I'm not sure how you come across a lot of your things - but if you do not know about this website - I think you might find it very interesting...they show pictures/descriptions/map links to estate sales in your area...I know here where I'm at that every once in a while we come across a sale with a lot of historical items and collections...even bottles...I just thought you might find it interesting! It never hurts to check 'em out...

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/NJ.aspx

Great collection - keep us posted on your finds!

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx a million FR, I will use it all the time
Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!