Another Marsh Dig 8/2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I had promised to show site member MsLeonas what digging in a marsh was like, so today I went back to my spot. It was hot! Probably around 85 and humid. I got baked and tired faster than I normally would, but we found a bunch of stuff. The tide was lower than usual, so I took advantage of that. I have to say next time I'll make sure it's 75 or below!

My keepers:

Top row: Porcelain chair, Fraser medicine, amber med, Mother's Jar R.E. Tongue Bros. Phila., Trademark Lightning, Mason's Patent Nov. 30th 1858
Middle: Large Bromo-Seltzer, two cobalt cylinders, med-large Bromo Seltzers, BIM cobalt med., small Bromo (not the smallest)
Bottom row: Otis Clapp & Sons Malt Cod Liver Oil Compound, Browning Hill Farm Saunderstown, RI, Phidodrone? Part-457 (weird), S.H. Farnham Westerly, RI, Warwick Bottling Works Arctic, RI (unlisted green deco), fancy ketchup
7701490288_de84338896_z.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
I've got to say I'm impressed with the way you forum members are willing to share your sites with beginners. HOORAY FOR YOU ! It has been my past experience that bottlediggers can be the biggest A holes in the world. I have met their KING.

I appreciate your sharing your finds with others, including those of us here in cyberland. THANK YOU guys and gurls.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Jim.

Note:
That weird bottle on the top row actually reads PhilcotronB, which was a saltwater battery (or battery eliminator). Pretty odd!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: botlguy

I've got to say I'm impressed with the way you forum members are willing to share your sites with beginners. HOORAY FOR YOU ! It has been my past experience that bottlediggers can be the biggest A holes in the world. I have met their KING.

I appreciate your sharing your finds with others, including those of us here in cyberland. THANK YOU guys and gurls.

I thought I met the king? He was at Shupps grove [:D]oh well I guess there could be 2 kings [:D]

msleonas

Reaction score
Taylor, thanks for posting!

As always I appreciate the time (& his 14 yrs of Knowledge) Taylor shares with me. Although the marsh was much more giving, I have shown him all of the spots that I have found even though most were too hard to get to this time of year. I have shared all of the spots that I have researched or explored and he has been willing to share some with me. The nice thing is we have different interests as to what we take home. He is always willing to give up a few common bottles or things that he already has at home. Also, he probably digs at a rate 10x what I do, so he finds way more "NICE" bottles because he covers way more ground. Therefore, his digs always allow him to bring home some pretty awesome finds. And with yesterdays heat, in the direct sun, I thought I was going to pass out at one point. So he was much more productive than I was for sure.
Later today I will post what I found/was given to take home.

Thanks

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RIBottleguy

Note:
That weird bottle on the top row actually reads PhilcotronB, which was a saltwater battery (or battery eliminator). Pretty odd!

Nice finds Taylor, hope the next canning jar you find is a Potter & Bodine. [;)]

I dug one of those strange Philcotron "bottles" a while back in a layer probably dumped around 1931, never knew what it was.

msleonas

Reaction score
My finds/keepers from the day.
My favorites are the blue bottle that looks like it might be 1911, please correct me if I am wrong and the whiskey bottle that has lots of crackling and some bubbles.

104_3031.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3032.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3033.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3034.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3037.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3039.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3041.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3051.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3059.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3060.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3061.jpg
[/IMG]
104_3055.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks again Taylor!

epackage

Reaction score
I like the New York flask, let me know if you're selling it in the future...great finds....Jim

msleonas

Reaction score
Jim, I can find about 4 Kinsman bottles. Not sure if this is the only one that says new york formerly augusta me. What are you thinking in value. Not sure about going by what is on ebay.

botlguy

Reaction score
That's a nice haul no matter how you look at it. Especially when you realize that: "The worst day of bottle digging is better than the best day at work". Bottle digging is no way "Work".

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter