Marsh Dig! 9/16

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Well after waiting a while I finally decided it was time to go back to the marsh. I hit it perfectly, as I've never seen the tide so low! I went way out at first to see what was further out in the water. It was pretty scarce stuff, a few sodas and one nice Mason jar. I then returned to my old hole on the shore. It was a pain to open up again. When you dig the muck it gets soupy and starts seeping in behind you. You fight the loosing battle as long as you can with a bail bucket. While I didn't find any local milks or medicines, or rare fruit jars, it was a fun dig.

The finds in order (clockwise from left):
Plain med, Wm. R. Warner, Davis Vegetable Pain Killer, small Phillips Magnesia, plain BIM cobalt med, Wm. R. Warner Phila & NY cobalt, 3 med-large Bromos (one BIM), three U.D. Co. cobalt meds, one ABM cobalt med.
(cross) Mason's Patent Nov. 30th 1858, whiskey, cracked Narragansett Famous Export Lager Providence, two Arnold's Bottling Works (one River Point, one West Warwick, RI), two Warwick Bottling Works, Arctic (1 error bottle), Bridge Club art deco Providence, Warwick Bottling Works art deco, Coca-Cola Peace Dale RI, Genuine Sanford's Ginger Brandy Boston, Horners, T. Noonan Boston, and Whittemore French Gloss

7994011004_d080a7fec5_c.jpg

7994005169_be30ce30dd_c.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
You should bring some bunker, a dip net and an apple crate and do some crabbing in between bottles..

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I'll have to pass though since the DEM will be all over me for digging clams/crabs in a polluted area. They don't mind me getting bottles though!
Sharon, the Bromos are the second largest size, I have also found the largest ones here too, someone really liked the stuff!

idigjars

Reaction score
Congrats on your finds. Looks like they cleaned up mint. Thanks for sharing with us. Paul :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks