Another NAG auction completed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dygger60

Reaction score
Some nice jars found new homes last night, hope some of the good people from the forum were able to obtain something they were looking for? Personally, I was able to get that hg butter jar with the original band and insert and the Hero metal lid (gotta HG waiting for that). But alas, I was outbid one the repaired pint....it was a beautiful pint....nice...oh well...Lol Hope someone from the group got it! It is nice to have a venue that you are able to get correct lids for jars....95% of the time I find a good jar hunting or win on FeeBay, it is missing or has the incorrect lid. But they are not cheap sometimes...but well worth it in the end. David K

MNJars

Reaction score
Nice scores. I personally didn't win anything but I was keeping a close eye on that 1 gallon Mason's Improved among others... Everything I wanted went for more money than I was willing to part with. I was surprised at the prices brought for some of the lids in this auction. The lids offered in NAG are generally in great condition, so they bring the highest prices possible.About a year ago I bought a jar for $7 that had a zinc keystone lid on it. I see a perfect example of that lid sold for $190 in this auction. Wow.

dygger60

Reaction score
That one surprised me as well. I had a couple I found at a jar show a few years back and flipped them on eBay and was very surprised and delighted to see them sell so well. I don't really collect midgets, but again, if the price is right I will buy it and flip it...from what I have come to understand the midget lids are getting tough to find, esp the bands...and have been told by a fellow who specializes in the midgets, that the keystone lids are a hot item. I paid a bit for the hero lid, but to come across one on eBay or at a flea market or else where is not of favorable odds...LOL David K

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson