Another New Guy With Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Right-on RIGHTON nice bottles to be hanging around under your house.They look to be from the 1885 to 1910 time period as others have stated.They were left there by the guy who was fixing the newly installed water pipes when the house was built.[;)][8D] He was drinking Hoffs because he was frustrated that he had a small leak,He moved the (aqua insulator) because it was in the way of the drain,He then drank a quart of beer(the tall blob),a bottle of wine(dark green applied top)wrote a letter to his wife (amber cone ink) told her he missed her that it was taking longer then expected and that he now had a hangover so his wife threw down the (Hostetters) to remedy that pain soon he was pie eyed and the leak wouldnt stop.You see the leak has always been there you just werent awhere of it...................Welcome to the bottle forum[:D]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome, nice finds for so close to home (can't get much closer, can you).[:D]
I'll play the guessing game too.
I spy with my little eye a Hostetters I think for sure, Coke (Duh).
I think a Bumsteads, the tall cobalt looks like a Mckesson/Robbins, the small a lug cap bromo, not Hoffs but a malt extract (maybe labeled like Pabst, less likely Jno Wyeth Bros),cone ink, graduated med, Listerine, pre-pro flask.
I may bump the date up to 1920 or so.
Hope to hear back with the results.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I'll say the all date from 1900-20 and add I think the aqua cylinder, far left is an omega oil, and an Indianapolis brewing assn. blob. Assuming the Coke is a 1915, what is the base marking? Indiana has some good ones.

farmgal

Reaction score
Welcome Richard to the best place for information and laughs. Lots of awesome people here. I guess I'm learning I figured it was an amber ink..That's as far as my knowledge got me tho..lol! farmgal

namzug2

Reaction score
Yes I saw the pictures I believe they need to be individual closeup pictures to be able to tell you more about the bottles.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
my take is the green one on the left rear is a turn molded wine, the one up front on the left laying on its side next to the coke looks like an old caldwells, i see a listerine next to the larger cobalt, and i can tell if the large blob on the right is a brew bottle or american mineral water. all very nice. i wish my plumbing would break so i can find some good stuff[:D]

namzug2

Reaction score
I love your finds I hope you are enjoying them still. Maybe there are more on other parts of the house.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Ok, my 2 cents worth, looks like 90's-20's as there are obvious later machine made bots, only thing I have to add differently is the tall cobalt looks like an "H.K. Mulford" base embossed phosphate. Nice to find under the house, now get out the scratcher and get to scratching. Look esp. around chimney base as often have found bottles used as fill between the dirt and the bricks. Also, any other area that might have been previously dug out for some reason, or just a depression, dip or ravine. Sometimes caused by flooding, folks would just "filler in" with trash on hand with no regard to germs because they didn't generally know about them. Many nice finds come under crawl spaces that were garbage pits until there was no room left! I think peoples sniffers didn't work so good back then! Jack

wivrrat

Reaction score
Need help with a colbolt blue bottle. No marks other than a swirled pontil??? No seams, and is sort of layered. Lots of air bubbles. Seems to be about four sections, life waves across bottle. Hope the pictures do it justice. Purchased this and about 50 other vintage bottles at a local swap meet. The couple found them in various location throughout the low desert near Niland, Ca. Bottle stands about 4 1/2" tall x 2 3/4" wide at the base and tapers up to 2 1/2" at shoulder. Is 2" deep at base and tapers up to1 3/4" at shoulder. Beautiful colbolt blue with no nicks, cracks, etc.

9178A76C929043C09A0435C4186ACCED.jpg

Attachments

• 9178A76C929043C09A0435C4186ACCED.jpg
    9178A76C929043C09A0435C4186ACCED.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 55

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology