Another rookie question!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Andrewt

Reaction score
It felt.light and I think this is not a lontil scar but tell me if I'm wrong, please!
2012-09-07133108.jpg
e]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[;)] You are correct I wouldnt call that a pontil scar either. Its kinda hard to tell from the pic, but I dont think the bottom has enough sunken area for a pontil........

andy volkerts

Reaction score
You are welcome. Some times it is hard to tell, but one of the things to look for is the sunken in appearance of the bottoms of the bottle where the punty rod was applied. the manufacturers did this so the pontil would not contact whatever the bottle was sitting on, thus making it sit more securely. Red Mathews would know what they call this indentation of bottle bases.........

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Andrewt what does the rest of the bottle look like. It may be a pontil mark tough to tell in the picture. Could you post the whole bottle as the lip may help in determining if the bottle is potentially pontiled ....What are the chances of you taking a picture of a potential pontil marked bottle and having a big guy with a beard on side and a little guy with the same beard in the picture on the other side.[:D]

Andrewt

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Andrewt what does the rest of the bottle look like. It may be a pontil mark tough to tell in the picture. Could you post the whole bottle as the lip may help in determining if the bottle is potentially pontiled ....What are the chances of you taking a picture of a potential pontil marked bottle and having a big guy with a beard on side and a little guy with the same beard in the picture on the other side.[:D]

It might take me a day or two to get back to that shop but I will and I'll take a pic.
LOL, the guy in the beard is an old digger I see around once and awhile he said he was not completely sure but thought it was too light also.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!