Another Video From The Huge Bottle Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to thank everyone for welcoming me to the forum, and showing your support! I have another video of some digging at the old home site. This was the last time I was there, because in the summer, the place is filled with poison ivy and is just way to overgrown for me to make my way. I will be back here this Fall to dig some older bottles! HH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Ks-DnCRwQ

jays emporium

Reaction score
Ryan,
It looks like you're having a great time with this hobby. I'm glad your dad has time to go with you. If you can find someone at school your own age who is interested in this type of stuff it will be even more fun.
I would suggest you get a 4 prong potato rake and dig into the ground. Just pick a spot in the bottle dump area and dig down until you don't hit anymore glass. The older bottles will be underground and could be several feet deep. You won't know until you try it and see how deep it goes. I dug a similar site that had 1960's stuff on top and 1890's bottles under ground.
If you do some more research on dating bottles you will be able to look for signs of older glass on the surface and that will give you an idea where to dig deeper. Good luck with this hobby. I've been doing it since I was your age and I'm 54 years old now and still loving it.

Jay

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I didn't have that technology growing up, it looks great. I got a little dizzy at first or maybe just I start out that way. It looks like you had a blast. Keep it up!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay