Any diggers from Southern California?A

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

riverdiver

Reaction score
I was when I started out in the seventies. I grew up in Simi Valley in Ventura County and dug old farm dumps in the foothills until I left for the US Navy in 1984. Did some hometown digging last November and will likely be back digging there again this coming December. Have also dug in Pasadena, San Louis O'Bispo, Beaumont and the San Bernardino Mountains where my folks had a cabin when we were kids in a community called Forest Falls. All of my digging and diving now is in new England rivers.

caldigs

Reaction score
Hey RiverDiver, glad to see another SoCal digger on the forum. I dug in the town of SLO when I was in college back around 2002 (in SF now). Tough privy digging there, but I did manage to got a blob Ceribelli soda and a McCaffrey Bros 1/2 pint coffin flask. Somehow there was absolutely no construction downtown while I was there so I dug very little 1860s or 1870s age holes.

What were some of your better finds from the rural dumps ?

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hey caldigs,

I wish I could answer that question, when I left for the military my mom cleaned out my storage area in the garage and threw out my "silly hobby finds" I remember alot of cobalt glass and local sodas, beers and whiskeys. I was pretty young at the time and I started diving at age 12 offshore of SoCal and went after bottles that route until I went into the service at age 17. I got back into the hobby at age 22 here in NH. I am going back to LA next year and plan to dig some of my old haunts in Simi, I will post all finds here for you to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday