any idea of value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tonyworley

Reaction score
7.5â€H. Cobalt coloration, molded hobnails, embossed “DP Poison/ Poisonâ€,embossed skull and crossbones
001b.jpg

Jim

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Tony. You have a very rare poison bottle that appears to be in mint condition. Very few of these large-size DP coffins are known to exist. My book lists it at $12000 to $15000, and in mint condition, it could very well bring that in a good bottle auction. Personally, I would keep it....But if you would want to sell it, I would go through a good bottle auction company like Pacific or Heckler. I would NOT recommend eBay for a bottle of this caliber. Unfortunately, there are a few on eBay who like to play games and try to steal things out of greed [>:] eBay is great for a $5 bottle, even a $500 bottle, but not this one.

Congratulations on a killer find. These bottles were never reproduced, so you can be sure that it is a good one. Jim

tonyworley

Reaction score
hi jim,thanks for the info,i havent paid much attention to bottle collecting in many years,i decided to get back in to it,the bottle i showed is not mine but i have the oppurtunity to purchase it and another like for much less the value,i wasnt planning on spending that much,but sounds like it may be a real deal,i had an idea of the value but wasnt real sure..thanks again,tony.

Jim

Reaction score
If you can get a good deal, I would definitely grab those. They are quite rare, and would make a sweet addition to any collection. Glad to hear that you're getting back into bottles! Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem