Any Idea please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ubar

Reaction score
On the bottle it says along the bottom. On the left side it says Oblin and on the right it says vic fezensac France. Any idea what this bottle was for or if it is worth anything ? Thank you for taking a look.

Bottle Pic 1

Bottle pic 2

diggerjeff

Reaction score
im sure that is a perfume bottle. it would be interesting to look up the coat of arms embossed on the front to see what family it is associated with. i see a rampant lion on the right shield, but i cant make out what is on the left shield.

ubar

Reaction score
The bottle is huge like maybe 12 inches tall and at least 8 inches across at it's mid section.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
that would make it a display bottle. counter display bottles were made large to attract attention. most were made in very limited numbers compaired to the product they were designed to advertise. im sure it is worth something ,but i am no expert on this type of bottle.

diggerjeff

Reaction score
does it look like the stopper and inside of the neck are ground ( kinda frosted looking) so that they seal tightly?

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Based on the lettering on the bottle, I believe you have an Armagnac bottle - the vic fezensac is a town in the French province of Gascony (Gascogne) where Armagnac is produced, and I found a google reference to Oblin Armagnac. A wineseller listed a 1934 Oblin Armagnac (probably unopned) for 295 Euros (I don't know what the sign for Euros is) Somebody else turned up an Armagnac recently - I forget who it was.

ubar

Reaction score
yes they are ground. I also read that that name vic fezensac a region of france is famous for it's production of fine Armagnac the big brother to Cognac.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter