any one read italian

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, found another D.R.L., solaro, (italy) bottle. this one has part of a label around top. can't make out all the letters as its twisted. looks like A-solar osti erieriu t d lquri. all help appreciated as to age and any value, it's 12 3/4" tall, 2 1/2" across base. thanks for any help, rhona

Bz78724.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78724.jpg
    Bz78724.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 59

madman

Reaction score
HEY rohna nice, does it also have the illinois diamond and i on the base?? mike

tombstone

Reaction score
http://www.wordreference.com/enit/a website to translate italian to english.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike, thanks for looking, yes this does have an i in a diamond also. hi tombstone, welcome to the forum. thanks for the ref. , i played with it a little bit but didn't come up with anything except solaro is ref. to sun. i have to wait till i have more time. thanks again, rhona

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Rohna, It doesen't say anything in one language.[&:] It was {and still is} a common practice to make up phrases or names for products.[:-] We had a bottler here that also owned the Gulf City Coffee Company who was born in Spain and came to the US when he was 11. The brand name he chose for his coffee "El Delito", which he thought meant 'delightful' meant 'Misdemeanor' and he was Spanish.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

What your bottle says is, A Cheery Sparkling Healthy Heathful Liqur. You can see why they went with the fancy made up name.[sm=lol.gif] It was probably a bottler trying to make his product sound Grandioso![sm=lol.gif]

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, thanks for the information. i played with looking up some of the words, i did find salora was sunny or cheerful,, and the word liqour. one of the words i wasn't sure of all the letters. took the closes spelling to what i had and came up with porterhouse-taproom? well it's nice to know what the bottle is. thanks again, rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!