Anyone heard of these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

freebird

Reaction score
Clicquot Club or Utica Club, has anyone heard of these brands and if so what were/are they?

Freebird

RJ_Digs_Deep

Reaction score
Welcom Freebird,

I am new so it feels good to be usefull.

Utica Club:
Beer brewry located in Utica NY. UC was brewed by the "West End Brewing Co" since 1888. It has the claim to fame as being the first beer sold after prohibition... RJ

flasherr

Reaction score
Cliquot club was a soft drink I believe first flavor was gingerale not sure of the exact date but believe stated in the 20's. they use an Eskimo or a snow flake for their advertising slogans. Neat pictures normaly. You will find Green bottles embossed that would have had paper labels then later on you will find ACL Bottles. Hope this helps a little Brian

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
RJ is right on with his info. You can even find the Utica club bottles with the waiter on the front labeled "The West End Brewery" You live in NY Freebird?
BOB

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Cliquot Club was started in Millis, Massachusetts back in 1881 and as flasherr said they started with bottling ginger ale. Their logo featured the Eskimo boy Klee-Ko. This pic is of a paper label bottle from probably the 1930s.

-Sam

Ge95766.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95766.jpg
    Ge95766.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 114

freebird

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the great response and info, My Clicquot Club bottle is light green and embossed on the bottom. It is at least 12 inches tall. The Utica Club bottle is aqua about 10 inches tall, but not the normal "long neck" beer..it has a short neck and has Utica Club in script embossed at the top and Utica NY on the opposite side. It also has a very partial paper label. No Bob I don't live in NY, at the present I live in southern IN but in 3 days we are moving to southwest Missouri.

Us53149.jpg

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, this is a acl cliquot i dug.. it's a 7oz size. bottom maked G in square, 700 under that and 37 under that. would this possibly been made in 1937? thanks rhona

Ig11853.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11853.jpg
    Ig11853.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members