Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Anyone know how old this bottle is?

treasurekidd

Sep 25, 2005
Warwick, RI
Most likely a whiskey or other liquor. That's called a strap sided flask, and it's a nice one too. Some were embossed, but most were pretty plain and had paper labels, like yours. The lip on you're is sort of strange, unlike the ones pictured below. I don't think I've ever seen a strap sided flask with a lip like that. Perhaps some of the experts can explain that??

Attachments

Thetf2jack

Sep 9, 2020
Most likely a whiskey or other liquor. That's called a strap sided flask, and it's a nice one too. Some were embossed, but most were pretty plain and had paper labels, like yours. The lip on you're is sort of strange, unlike the ones pictured below. I don't think I've ever seen a strap sided flask with a lip like that. Perhaps some of the experts can explain that??
I’m pretty sure it’s a medicine bottle, whiskeys don’t have this kind of shape or lip

sandchip

Sep 1, 2008
Georgia
I’m pretty sure it’s a medicine bottle, whiskeys don’t have this kind of shape or lip
I agree. Early machine made, 1903 to maybe 1920.

I have to add however, that some early whiskeys (mid 1800s) did have this type lip, such as the Olmstead's Constitutional Beverage semi-cabin, or the Bennett & Carroll or Robinson & Lord barrels, among others.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nsims1948