appraisals

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
We are gearing up for this next move and need some help. The past moves were with the military so it did not matter if you had an appraisal or not....if it was broken, oh well. This one will be with a private company and we need to have appraisals done on anything valuable or antique. I have found that most antique dealers/appraisers are notoriously clueless about bottles. What is the best way to go about this? Has anyone every had an appraisal done? My thought was to ask someone from the Baltimore club...fee and dinner provided! Would that be acceptable to an insurance company?

Wangan

Reaction score
I dont really know.It may depend on the ins.co.,but I had a tree fall on an antique boat I have and my ins.co. wanted me to contact someone who knew antique boats to get an accurate appraisal.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
it's all in what you either paid for them or what they go for on auction sites,, but your best bet is just feedback from the many collectors that are here,,,,and get a mess load of bubble wrap to pack them in...good luck

bostaurus

Reaction score
I think I will have to give them a signed appraisal by someone other than myself. Many I bought in the early 70's so even if I could remember the price it has probably changed...or at least I hope it has for the better. If all comes down to the week before I pack them up I may just have to do it myself.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie