Dr Pepper Thief bottle, picked up today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cokemanracer

Commemorative Soft Drink bottles, all brands, ACLs
Reaction score
Found this Dr Pepper Thief bottle today in town, bought it with a group of about 20 other bottles. It's in really good shape but sometime in the past it's had repair work done to the lip. It's seamed on the sides and has a few small bubbles. Bottom has the capital A on it. The bottle is clear and isn't one of the reproduction bottles that came out for Dr Pepper's 100th Anniversary.

I don't have a bottle book with values for Dr. Pepper, anyone have any insight to it's value? I don't want to sell or trade it but any input would be appreciated. In Texas last fall, I saw an original thief bottle in an antique mall and it was listed for several hundred dollars in similar condition.

Wording on the bottle:

Registered

We Pay For Evidence
Convicting Thieves For
Refilling Our Bottles
American Mineral Water Co.
Distributors Of
Dr. Pepper (this is in script)
St. Louis, Mo

Attaching a couple pictures. On the picture of the close up of the neck lip repair it's not that bright. The camera made it look that way, it's actually pretty hard to see it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 130

webe992

Reaction score
There have been a few different varieties of the thieves bottle on eBay over the past few months. They fetched between $80-$120 if memory serves me right. A lot of people don’t like eBay but it is one of the easiest ways to get your item in front of more people.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen