Aqua Curlew Brand gin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

inbottleitrust

Reaction score
This is the unusual color of curlew brand gin, mostly seen was in olive or black glass.
The curlew brand is come from W.Hasekamp (Schiedam-Holland).
additional info can be seen: http://gin-bottles.com/HASEKAMP - CURLEW.htm

Attachments

• CurlewBrand.jpg
    CurlewBrand.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 101
  • CurlewBrandSeal.jpg
    CurlewBrandSeal.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 92

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
That's an attractive bottle. I've admired other colorless case bottles, but I've owned only this late KIDERLIN example.

caseginkiderlintrio.jpg

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I wish I could remember those details, but I don't. I sold all three of these Kiderlin bottles shortly after I acquired them twelve years ago.

botlguy

Reaction score
I have long admired case gins, acquired several top examples in a collection I bought about 20 years ago. 3 were colorless and had COBALT seals. That Aqua one is attractive, not often seen in that color.
Jim

inbottleitrust

Reaction score
Have you seen the one with the red seal?
I have long admired case gins, acquired several top examples in a collection I bought about 20 years ago. 3 were colorless and had COBALT seals. That Aqua one is attractive, not often seen in that color.
Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
Virtually none, the only ones I have are window decoration. I downsized several years ago. I unknowingly bought one of the premier gin collections in the country. (20+ years ago) I bought the collection for other pieces & made out like a bandit. I'm not stupid, I did my research before selling anything. I more than tripled my investment, paid $10,000 for about 750 bottles, sold another (different category) not discussed here for $4,000. Just an example. I sold the 3 gins for over $3, 000.

I'm not intending to brag, just telling it like it is / was. I haven't done that sort of thing for many years. I have several other, similar stories but no one other than friends believe me, God has blessed me.
Jim
Jim

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I believe you Jim because I have done the same in past years, a lot of collectors do not know how long us oldtimers have been buying and selling these bottles that we love so much! I sold most of my Western Whiskies long ago and still realized over 17,000.00 for what I dug and traded for, when you could still get the bottles reasonably. I am also blessed, this is a great hobby and sometimes quite rewarding monetarily.....Andy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause