Aqua master ink & dunotno

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diginit

Reaction score
Went back and dug around the top of the hillside dump I found last week. Just explorin'. Lots of broken bottles and 6" rocks.[:mad:] bricks too. Very little survived so far. Large pile of nice bottles. Most broken at the neck. I'm wondering, Is this site is worth digging? Very steep hill with a 10' drop at the base. The bottom is 3' of rocks and earth and yes, busted glass and some bakelite stuff. These made it! What were these cool aqua bottles used for?

Ki19474.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19474.jpg
    Ki19474.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 79

diginit

Reaction score
(1)- 7" & (1)- 8 3/4" bottle. Out of 30! Oh well, Better than nothing!
Here's the bottoms. Thanks!

Sq47144.jpg

Attachments

• Sq47144.jpg
    Sq47144.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 84

Tandy

Reaction score
[:)]

Hi there Diginit, the taller of the two looks very much like what we call "Goldfields Oils". They contained either olive oil, salad oil or vinegar. I have scanned a few that look similar. Some were very ornate, "Cathedral" like, others less so.

Nk27733.jpg

kastoo

Reaction score
I just read the post again...better thank nothing?? I'll be lucky if I ever find a bottle that unique. I read a lot of posts and a about a lot of digs and this is only the second time I've run across a bottle that unique. You did very well. Do you find such often? I am a newbie but I would put that bottle in the league with flasks, cathedral pickles, blob tops and hutches!

kastoo

Reaction score
It's jealous me again! Here's a bottle like yours on Eddie's privy page..if you read that site you know the Edster will only put the ELITE bottles on his front URL. Wahhh! I want finds like Eddie's!

http://www.privydigger.com/

woody

Reaction score
If you're finding bottles like this then the site is worth digging.
I believe the bottle on the right is a "peppersauce" bottle.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Hi Dig - That tall sauce bottle looks like its got the classic"cathedral doors"on either side, and its a tall one at that. Nice. Im with Woody - Id peruse that site VERY thoroughly - I have a site like yours - everything broken,very frustrating - kept going back and finally found a big,undug seam - got some very nice blown bottles and other stuff. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973