Are cops OK with bottle diggers in your area?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I've talked to state troopers on 2 occasions while metal detecting and they just wanted to know what I was doing there at night because a nosey neighbor called them. I showed them my bag of trash and told them I made a whole $1.53 for the night and they were happy and on there way. That kinda freeked me out a bit both of those times because...well lets just say I was a little extra paranoid when I was talking to them. And I talked to a DEC officer just a couple days ago. He saw my shovel sticking out over my backpack and thought I was a trapper. I explained what I was doing and showed him what I had in the backpack and with a smile and a have a good day he was on his way. The thing about that one was I had been right up front (stupid me) telling him I was looking for old bottles on forest preserve land and he was more curious about why then anything. I honestly think that the only time that they have a problem is when someone who doesn't understand us or our hobby they freek out and call in the authorities. Other then that they could care less as long as we're not stabbing people and snorting coke while having sex at 100 mph on a major highway. Just my opinion. Swizzle

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
philly cops will arrest you. you will be taken to the closest district and booked. Philadelphia police WILL obtain warrents within the hour and they do know about PA historical laws.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
keep a box of doughnuts and a thermos of coffee with you just in case. Kinda like keeping some dog bones in the car in case you meet a mean dog.

haa. im pretty sure we got some members who are cops.

capsoda

Reaction score
Its power bars and energy drinks!!! When I was fire chief here I was informed that I was constable one day when I reseived a call from the county telling me to get my weapon and meet officer so and so at such a destination. Turns out I had more combat time than the copper.

They don't bother us to much down here. Some of them by botles from us and some just stop by to see if we are having any luck. Other than that, unless someone calls them they are cool.

ConchDigger

Reaction score
Ha! You guys are funny. Down here we drink Buchi -cuban coffee that's so strong you do it by the shot- and eat cuban bread! Donuts are yukky sweet and American coffee is too weak! And, if patrol shows up I'll just ask them to please go get me some buchi and cuban bread (most of them want to be detectives one day too!)[;)]
Brenda

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers