are engraved and embossed bricks worth anything?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
so if i start getting bricks do they all have to be the same or will people still buy a lot of them if they are different?

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
cool bricks whiskeyman! I especially like those pattern bricks.........you mighta started somethin here............lol.........got any fer sale? [:D]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
FRANK...never sold the 1st brick yet. The way I understand it, Brick Collectors just swap with each other...but if some scarce & desirable brick was to come along, I guess they'd make monetary offers....I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to price any brick.

RAZOR...I imagine if you were to set up at flea markets or have a yard sale, you could sell single bricks....the serious collectors usually only want a single example of a brick for their collection, though they also may purchase more than one of an example as a trader.
Someone wanting to make a patio or walkway may be looking for multiple examples of the same brick....
Me...I don't care if they're the same or not...I think assorted types/names/textures/colorations make for a nice contrast.

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
anyway they make a great conversation piece & it's nice you've put them to use and on display at the same time! [&:]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
FRANK...you really want a brick that badly? [&:]

I'll send ya one if ya pay shipping....
(I think this is why the collectors mostly swap...too expensive to ship.)

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
no, but thanks fer the offer whiskeyman!, I just keep pickin em up as I find em....maybe someday we can do some trades.........

diggerjeff

Reaction score
try contacting the IBCA INTERNATIONAL BRICK COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION. my father has been a member for about 15 years. it is an interesting group of people who have 4 or 5 swap meets per year. we hosted one at my fathers house several years back. dad has 3 or 4 thousand bricks from all over the world. this group of people have tried to keep this hobby free ,meaning they would preffer to trade bricks rather than sell them. i have noticed that a few pop up on ebay from time to time, but very few will ever realize high dollar because most are very common. if anyone is interested in this organization let me know and i will get you some contacts!!!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, DIGGERJEFF....I'll checkout that site.

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
Thank you for the info diggerjeff! All google searches came up empty & here there is a WHOLE IBCA out there!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie