Are there fake straight sided Coke bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
they date between 1900 and 1915, tooled tops are generally phased out around 1910, so abm cokes are generally 1910-1915, and tooled tops are generally 1900-1910

company info, will narrow it down more, if you could find out when the salisbury nc plant opened that would close the gap some

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
In the one picture it looks like you can see a seam that goes through the crown, but that's a long skinny bubble. The seams stop before they reach the crown.

I gave $35 for the bottle a few days ago, I feel like I got a pretty good deal on it.

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
I just feel like with the condition it's in that I got a good deal.

I mean if it was tumbled clean, that had to almost cost the price that i gave for it, so I'm pretty happy about that.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
you are correct, you did good, you didnt over pay at all, a good tumble costs between $15-$25

IF it was tumbled, it doesnt really look like it was, most times if a bottle is tumbled it still looks a little worn, or the embossing gets weaker and more rounded

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
It has very bold embossing, and i can't find anything wrong with it at all.

Bottlenutboy,

I was going to tell you that I'm thinking about auctioning off some bottles in a few days, but before I do, I'm going to give you a list of the bottles and their condition and let you pick one out for making me a copy of the porter's Coca cola book.

I will send you a list later.

ShowMeStateBottles

Reaction score
I'll send you a list tomorrow, but I'll remind you after I send it.

I know that you like crown top bottles, but these are all Hutchinson bottles except one and it's an older blob top soda kind of like a squat soda bottle.

I'll talk to you tomorrow.

capsoda

Reaction score
Excellent buy and a very nice bottle. In that condition it would go a little higher. Possibly $45 to $50. There are several repops out there but they were put out by Coke for anniversaries and centennials/bi-centennial celebrations and have ACLs.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH