Armour & Co Fluid Beef

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
I found it in the water rolling in the sand. I have found a few other bottles. A Leonardi's Iron Tonic. I posted it today with a picture. An anheuser busch beer bottle; no picture posted yet. And two cuban beer bottles, La Tropical and Hatuey.

Hey Alvan,

Me sainted grandmother, bless her heart, loved Cuba back in the day. She told me that Veradero Beach was the nicest beach she had ever stuck a toe in the sand.

3324934206_e9548ec3d5.jpg

Are all these guys rolling up in approximately the same area? I bet you've got an off shore ship dumping ground somewhere under the waves. Might be a great diving opportunity...

aeromjoe.jpg

daddytrecool

Reaction score
I am pretty sure these bottles are coming from the Naval Base. There are a couple beaches covered in sea glass. I did some research on those and found that an enlisted club near the edge of the cliff caught fire and they just leveled it over the cliff. I found the nail polish bottle whole, but it was cracked at the bottom of the hill where the enlisted club was said to be. The other bottles were found on a less traveled beach and in mangroves. It would be nice to see the rest of Cuba, but it appears there is enough to explore here in Naval Station Guantanamo Bay!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Do you guys have any interaction with the natives there? I mean Cuban people.. or is it totally sealed off, even the beach??

daddytrecool

Reaction score
Cyberdigger, thanks for the reminder that I don't have it that bad. I am trying to find an intact one of these.

62BC5BBADEEF427BBA3C264FEA117DAE.jpg

Attachments

• 62BC5BBADEEF427BBA3C264FEA117DAE.jpg
    62BC5BBADEEF427BBA3C264FEA117DAE.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 93

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Do you guys have any interaction with the natives there? I mean Cuban people.. or is it totally sealed off, even the beach??
That's a great question. One small island, one country that has an embargo? How does that work? There's got to be something diplomatically. If there wasn't, why risk your life to get to Florida?
Back to the research library.
Yes, I probably should have learned this in school.

daddytrecool

Reaction score
[Didn't know the CG had a presence in GITMO.
[/quote]

The scuba card is awesome. Thank you for your service. I appreciate it. I tried to find a good link to post, but if you check youtube for Coast Guard Guantanamo Bay you will find plenty of videos of what we do down here. This is also a port for Coast Guard ships patrolling the straights to come and replenish. We also have an aviation detatchment here.

surfaceone

Reaction score
And two cuban beer bottles, La Tropical and Hatuey.

Hey Alvan,

Could'ya stick up a photo of the La Tropical, please?

breweryweb.jpg
"Our Company History
La Tropical was born more than a century ago, on an island where the sun shines all year long, the beaches are a tropical paradise, and royal palms sway in the wind. This island is Cuba.

Back in 1888, in Havana, the former "Nueva Fábrica de Hielo" or "New Ice Factory" was founded. It was here where Cuba's first beer, La Tropical, was brewed. Little by little, with the will of the Blanco Herrera family and the support of a group of experts, that small brewery kept growing until it became a large conglomerate of workshops, warehouses, labs, shipping vessels, train stations, parks, gardens, castles and terraces. The exquisiteness of the brand reached beyond the island's coasts to win awards in Europe and the United States, and the medals were displayed on its historic label.

By 1958 La Tropical became Cuba's largest brewer, producing 58% of the island's annual beer production with brands such as La Tropical, Cristal, Tropical 50 and Maltina.

La Tropical was also the symbol of Cuba's golden era. The prosperity and the tenacity of the Cubans was passed on to its national beer. While the architecture of the brewery grounds imitated the famous Alhambra de Granada in Spain, and its gardens and terraces were designed with a sophisticated ornamental scenery, the beer was achieving international recognition. La Tropical, next to other icons such as tobacco and music, became the pride of Cuba, and its tropical gardens were the center of great parties during the 50's, with such talents as Benny Moré and the Orquesta Aragón.

Everything came to an end when in 1960 the communist revolution confiscated and nationalized La Tropical.

For more than 38 years (between 1960 and 1998) La Tropical vanished from the beer world. In 1998, thanks to Manuel J. Portuondo (a 31 year old Cuban-American with vast beer marketing experience with companies such as Anheuser-Busch and Brahma), Ramón Blanco Herrera (great grandson of La Tropical's founder in Cuba), and a group of visionary business people, La Tropical beer is reintroduced to the world.

Under the guidance of Julio Fernandez Selles (Brew Master and Plant Manager of Cervecería La Tropical in Cuba between 1939 and 1960), La Tropical is reintroduced with its original formula, using only the finest ingredients and under strict supervision of the Blanco Herrera family, thus reviving La Tropical's unique taste.

Today, like yesterday, in select U.S. and world markets, you can enjoy the original award-winning taste of Cuba's first beer, La Tropical." From.

GirlGreenBkg.JPG

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide