Army & Navy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deenodean

Reaction score
I traded forum member Nostalgia for this Nova Scotia milk, it is a 20 oz machine made applied top embossed Army and Navy Dairy Halifax N.S. , I.L. Brenton Prop.

100_7584_zps9f105ace.jpg

100_7585_zps2d91609f.jpg

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Awesome milk! I've only seen one other army-related milk before, so you certainly have a good one. I wonder if you found out where the army/navy base used to be if there would be a dump there with more of these in it?

deenodean

Reaction score
Thanks Taylor for your comment.
My research has led me to this site, http://www.canadianbottlecollectors.com/articles/farmers_dairy.htm
Army / Navy Dairy was listed in 1923 as operating , Ivan Brenton owner. As mentioned, I traded for this N.S. milk from forum member Nostalgia who lives in Quebec. It would be an interesting story as to how that bottle made it's way west !! I am sure where this business was there is now a building on it. I am 4.5 hours away from Halifax and don't know anything as to the location of this business. If you would like a bottle like it I'll keep my eyes peeled !

nostalgia

Reaction score
I'm happy you like it!

It would be a good idea to find the Army & Navy dump as there are probably a lot more buried... But at least this one is sparkling clean and I doubt it ever came from the ground...

I got it in a deal with a fellow collector here in Quebec; I'll ask him where he got it ;)

I'll keep you posted :D

waskey

Reaction score
That is cool, there are bottles from the United States Naval Academy here in Annapolis, Maryland too. They usually command a good price and rarely show up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese