asking permission doesn't always hurt

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rlo

Reaction score
I have gotten a lot of nos when I ask permission to walk properties, but today I got a delightful response! the guy not only said yes, but took me round his property & showed me a cave, & field where he has found multitudes of arrowheads & stone tools. then said I could hunt it whenever I want. He was thrilled when I started asking the history on his place, & proceeded to show me pix from the late 1800's to 1920. I plan on getting out there tomorrow, weather permitting. (we're under a tornado warning right now) I might not find bottles, but I plan on having fun!

RedGinger

Reaction score
That will be fun rlo. Maybe a little tornado will stir up some stuff, I guess that's one way to look at it. Good luck on your hunt.[:)]
Laur

rlo

Reaction score
thanx Laur I don't know, we had one touch down 3 yrs ago, stirred up a little too much. put a church van thru the post office! Maybe it could get rid of some of my old junk. hmmm I never did chk the root balls it tore up. never thought about that. I like looking for arrowheads almost as much as bottles.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Thats the ticket beca you have to take the NOs with the YESes[;)]
We are working on getting permission to dig a parking lot owned by the borough.There was a row of 1850s homes on it once.
We know the Mayor of that town and she said she would ask the borough manager,I called today it was a NO!
The mayor said she would ask a council member if we could do it,and we also got the preservation society to go to council to.So its not over yet.
We dug pits on preservation property and every thing went well so they went to bat for us.
If we get a no after all this then we go to the row houses next to the lot.
What I'm trying to say is getting permission is not like digging construction lots where you just walk on and dig and pray you don't get caught.
You have to have some kind of personalty to get permissions, and it seems you have that.[:D] Rick

RedGinger

Reaction score
She's got it! Showing up in your Choos doesn't hurt either...[;)]

rlo

Reaction score
good luck w/ the borough. I wonder if sharing some of the finds for a "future" museum & to keep the children in touch w/ the past would help. lord knows my sweet smile hasn't been enough. Most of these people around here say no cuz they have been ripped off . to many crazies for them to be too trusting. can't say as I blame them. but for every 5 nasty no's, you get the sweeties. so it's ok. I'll just keep smilin and asking.

rlo

Reaction score
thanx tigue yup we're ok. had 3 " of rain in less than an hour, & high straight line winds, but TG no tornado I feel very blessed, 'specially when I hear 'bout all the folds killed. what a storm!

RedGinger

Reaction score
That was scary. Now is the time to go looking for stuff. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday